We’re all well aware that icing can reduce inflammation, but it offers multiple other skincare benefits as well.
Ice therapy is probably the easiest, most affordable and highly effective skin treatment for a number of skin concerns. Whether you’re struggling to get rid of a pimple or trying to get your makeup stay fresher and longer on a hot summer’s day, ice treatment is the ultimate solution to all your skincare woes. While the idea of applying ice to your face might seem bizarre, this is the simplest way of achieving healthy, glowing skin in the comfort of your home.
What is Ice Therapy?
This is a prevalent Korean beauty trend that involves rubbing ice all over the face to keep it smooth and radiant. This natural treatment works by stimulating the brain to release endorphins and improve blood flow which boosts oxygen level. Increased oxygen helps your skin rejuvenate, heal and detox quicker. It offers many amazing benefits for all skin types and conditions.
Let’s have a look at the miracle brought about by ice cubes:
Benefits of Ice Therapy
- The use of ice cubes on your face causes skin constriction, resulting in shrinking of pores and blood vessels. It evens out your skin texture, giving it a smoother appearance.
- Increased blood circulation provides you with brighter, even complexion.
- Ice helps to cool your skin down, soothing redness and irritation which can reduce pimples.
- Rubbing ice on the skin reduces excessive oil production and controls signs of ageing.
- Ice therapy boosts collagen production which increases cellular metabolism and your skin’s natural ability to heal and renew. This is why it’s an excellent remedy for sunburnt skin.
- This unbelievably soothing treatment relieves puffy/swollen eyes and face and relaxes the muscles.
- You can use ice after laser treatments, dermabrasion, chemical peels, waxing, and threading to calm the skin and reduce redness.
- You can use ice cubes as a natural primer before applying your makeup. It will give you a smooth, flawless look.
- It encourages lymphatic drainage, helping your skin to detoxify.
How to do It?
- Take 4-5 ice cubes and put them in a clean, soft cotton cloth.
- Use the covered ice cubes to gently massage your entire face, focusing on problematic areas.
- Move it in circular motions for 1 to 2 minutes to enjoy the cooling effect. You can also use a frozen spoon wrapped in cotton cloth.
The good news is, if you don’t want to use frozen spoons or ice cubes on your face to get the benefits of this treatment, there are some inventive and easy to use tools available for this purpose, like ice rollers and cold eye masks.